Welcome to the Utopia Forums! Register a new account
The current time is Tue Dec 18 10:04:16 PST 2018

Utopia Talk / Politics / Lock her up?
Paramount
Member
Tue Nov 20 02:40:20
Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last year

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules, according to people familiar with a White House examination of her correspondence.

White House ethics officials learned of Trump’s repeated use of personal email when reviewing emails gathered last fall by five Cabinet agencies to respond to a public records lawsuit. That review revealed that throughout much of 2017, she often discussed or relayed official White House business using a private email account with a domain that she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner.

The discovery alarmed some advisers to President Trump, who feared that his daughter’s prac­tices bore similarities to the personal email use of Hillary Clinton, an issue he made a focus of his 2016 campaign. He attacked his Democratic challenger as untrustworthy and dubbed her “Crooked Hillary” for using a personal email account as secretary of state.

Some aides were startled by the volume of Ivanka Trump’s personal emails — and taken aback by her response when questioned about the practice. She said she was not familiar with some details of the rules, according to people with knowledge of her reaction.

The White House referred requests for comment to Ivanka Trump’s attorney and ethics counsel, Abbe Lowell.

In a statement, Peter Mirijanian, a spokesman for Lowell, acknowledged that the president’s daughter occasionally used her private email before she was briefed on the rules, but he said none of her messages contained classified information.


...

More here: http://www...rect=on&utm_term=.aab54ec3b37b


Can't the Democrats hold a hearing now that/if they have a majority? Maybe the FBI could open up an investigation also whether Ivanka and Jared needs to be locked up or not.
jergul
large member
Tue Nov 20 02:54:25
#crookedinvanka
McKobb
Member
Tue Nov 20 04:00:55
But she is just a first lady.
Paramount
Member
Tue Nov 20 04:24:11
But she has still violated federal records rules. She needs to be held accountable for that. No one is above the law.

And she may have exposed classified information in any and all of her "hundreds of emails about government business" that she sent.

The FBI needs to investigate this.
patom
Member
Tue Nov 20 06:35:17
Is anyone really surprised?
Hot Roid
Member
Tue Nov 20 06:37:53
She is *NOT* Clinton. I am sure she was very *CAREFUL* with her emails and was in *COMPLIANCE* with how the emails should be *SUBMITTED* unlike *CLINTON* who *DID* it to *COMPROMISED* information that was *CLASSIFIED*

-30-
yankeessuck123
Member
Tue Nov 20 08:09:03
Astounding hypocrisy
kargen
Member
Tue Nov 20 10:30:56
She is not the first lady.

Yeah the Democrats can investigate.

yeah she should have known not to, poor excuse there.

Doesn't really compare to Hillary though because most the outrage with Hillary was the deleting of E-mail after being asked to provide that E-mail by authorities.

Still a pretty big fuck-up.
Dukhat
Member
Tue Nov 20 11:03:49
Republicans don't care. The voters that can acknowledge and change their opinions are the 55% of Voters that hate Trump already. The remaining 45% are united in their ignorance and tribalism.
werewolf dictator
Member
Tue Nov 20 13:21:51
*no sending of classified marked documents
*no deletion of evidence
*records preserved
*no private server
*no "pants on fire" lying about what happened while running for president

but situations are pretty similar [with "emails" word in both] after eliminating some pesky differences

similar to how pandemic fireworks violations around 4th of july are similar to ramzi yousef [with "explosives" word] once you ignore a few details
TJ
Member
Tue Nov 20 13:24:51
Zero intent saves the day.
hood
Member
Tue Nov 20 13:28:06
If brazen stupidity and hypocrisy were criminal offenses, yes lock her up.
patom
Member
Tue Nov 20 15:12:26
It seems that brazen stupidity and hypocrisy run strong in that family.
TJ
Member
Tue Nov 20 15:55:54
It runs strong throughout world.
Turtle Crawler
Admin
Tue Nov 20 15:58:03
Yes lock her up, also any other woman in politics. Ban them all, please.
show deleted posts

Your Name:
Your Password:
Your Message:
Bookmark and Share