Welcome to the Utopia Forums! Register a new account
The current time is Sun Mar 29 13:49:16 2020
Utopia Talk / Politics / One thing Trump is good at...
| Sat Dec 21 11:42:03|
He does what he says which can be good or bad but he seems to habe kept all of his major campaign promises with one exception that I can think of being the infrastructure overhaul which he said once usmca ( Nafta 2) is done he would work on that. So hopefully thats next.
| Sat Dec 21 12:00:30|
Hillary is not yet locked up!
| Sat Dec 21 12:26:59|
some more for the exceptions list
- he said he would get rid of the national *debt* over 8 years, yet so far he's skyrocketing the *deficit*
- no repeal/replace Obamacare (not hugely his fault, although the fact he learns nothing about any plans and has no understanding of Obamacare is pathetic)
- he said he'd make every illegal go back (probably was a big selling point for his candidacy)
- he has not brought back coal that i'm aware of (probably was a big selling point for his candidacy to a small but important segment)
- the 'wall' is primarily all replacement of existing fence so far, maybe he's finally gotten some new miles by now? not sure (certainly can't trust a word out of the administration about it)
--- Mexico is definitely NOT paying for it
- no obvious progress w/ N Korea or Iran that i'm aware of despite his rosy claims, & Iran now doing stuff they probably wouldn't be doing if we stayed in agreement
- “I would bring back waterboarding, and I’d bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding” ... i assume that hasn't happened
- he claimed there was a middle class tax cut ready to roll out before midterms (not a soul knew anything about it)
- he's claimed he would end birthright citizenship at multiple points in time i believe
- he claimed he would be presidential
- he claimed he wouldn't have time for golf
doubtful he'll get to that infrastructure deal, due to his deficit problem... almost certainly not the 2 trillion figure he tossed out
there's also heaps of crazy shit that we sometimes hear about or will never hear about like him ordering Seoul evacuated...
| Tue Jan 07 16:13:47|
|show deleted posts|